Kitchen Drain Question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by az1324, Dec 30, 2005.

1. az1324

az1324 New Member

Tell me if this is feasible: using a double wye on a 1.5" drain pipe coming out of the wall and splitting to separate p-traps for a double sink with disposal and a p-trap to a standpipe with a water softener style airgap for a dishwasher. Would it be to code in California?

The situation is i am installing a new deep sink and the drain pipe comes out of the wall relatively high so i could skip the baffle tee with the single trap sink setup. also i don't want to use an above counter airgap for the dishwasher.

Thanks.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

air gap

What is a "water softener type air gap"? Usually it is just a pipe terminating above a standpipe.
  3. az1324

az1324 New Member

4. az1324

az1324 New Member

OT: anyone know why am i not receiving my password from the plbg.com forum when i register or request new password?