Kitchen / Bathroom / Laundry Project Creeping...

Users who are viewing this thread

BrooklynDIY

Reaction score
I'm currently doing minor(ish) kitchen remodel. I was moving from left to right and the right hand side is where the sink, d/w and pipe chase are... So I'm starting to be overwhelmed with lots of little but detailed questions on the project. The project is also slightly expanding since as a result of redoing the kitchen I now have access to the pipes in the soffit for the upstairs bathroom...so at some point I want to move things around in the bathroom and make room (and drain) for a washer/dryer.

That was a very long intro to my question at hand. Do those of you experts on the forum that reply with such brilliant advice generally prefer for questions to be submitted one at a time, or when its all related to one project, is it ok to post them into the same ongoing thread?

Thanks so much for you input, expect pictures of my exposed wall and ceiling of pipes sometime soon...

- Also since its on my mind...when I ripped out the walls of my pipe chase today, I found that a hub (I think thats what it is called ... where to pipes are connected ...) in a vent pipe has a section that is paper thin and has a small hole in it. Is there something I can do to patch this or do I have to cut pipes or unscrew and screw all the way up to my roof?

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A picture would help. Threaded often implies galvanized. Often, you want to remove that and replace when doing remodeling. If it is something else, it would be best to see it first.

BrooklynDIY

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the pipe with a hole in it. I can get a better quality picture if necessary ... just let me know.

Attachments

• IMG00020.jpg
    IMG00020.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 177

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Need a much better picture. What I can see does NOT look like a threaded connection. If it is, it is the wrong fitting for that location and also a rare spot for a leak to develop.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks