Kinetico

Users who are viewing this thread

nicholasndi

Reaction score
I purchased a used Kinetico 4060 Mach series with overdrive. There are three plastic fittings on the control head (besides the supply and output). Does anybody know what hey are for? There is one in the middle, one to the right and one to the left. Not sure which is for the brine tank and what the other two are for. I called a Kinetico dealer (many actually) and they will not help. They want to send out a technician and charge me for the travel and consultation. They will not throw me a (bone). Any help would be appreciated. The white plastic connector is in the middle.

Cheers

Attachments

• kinetico 4060 head.jpg
    kinetico 4060 head.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 300
  • kinetico model.jpg
    kinetico model.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 277

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
They probably don't even like it that you were able to buy a used device, and do you blame them? They are in the business of selling and maintaining the devices, which is why they do not give free advice OR sell parts in most cases.

nicholasndi

Reaction score
They probably don't even like it that you were able to buy a used device, and do you blame them? They are in the business of selling and maintaining the devices, which is why they do not give free advice OR sell parts in most cases.

I understand and respect this. I am a senior on a fixed income. My current water softener works great and is only two years old. I was told by the original owner that they paid over $4,000. They have recently switched to town water, which is quite good and does not require a softener. There is no way the average person would be able to afford this Kinetico Mach 4060S w/Overdrive, let alone a senior. At least if they (the dealer) would throw me a "bone", I would become a Kinetico user and get my service from them. Without the verification of the fittings, I will continue using my current softener. I just thought it would be nice and "interesting" to see what the difference would be with what is referred to as a "high end softener" and see what the $3,000 difference would be.

Cheers

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Kinetico and Culligan units are all proprietary, meaning if you aren't one of their dealers you can't get parts or any free advise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks