Kinetico water softener and salty tasting water

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by mihomeowner, Aug 10, 2014.

1. mihomeowner

mihomeowner Member

Something is up with my kinetico water softener system. It seems like sometimes the water tastes very salty. I believe this is happening during the regeneration, but could be wrong.

I took the system apart a few months ago because there was a slight clog in the outlet that was preventing the system from sucking any brine solution in (therefore my water was awful!). Fixed that, but now get a very salty taste.

Any thoughts? Thanks
  2. mihomeowner

mihomeowner Member

No takers on this?
  3. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

You may get salty water if the brine tank fills to much or if there is a restriction in the drain. What type of float assembly do you have in the brine tank?