Kinetico Validation of Quote - Does this look right?

Users who are viewing this thread

frankwatertank

Reaction score
Hello everyone, newbie here. Thanks for your help in advance.

I'm trying to validate a quote a I received from Kinetico. It just seems too high compared to everything I've read online, like way too high. I get that it's a premium product and I'll pay more, totally OK with that! But this just seems too high. I received a quote from them 3 years ago after just moving in for $5,400 and the more recent quote is 50% more. I don't totally understand the lingo around systems so thought to reach out to the forums. It's really saved me before!!

Background:
Ultimately, I want a system that provides the best water. We have a new baby with more on the way. I'm on a well and the water is a 23 on the hardness scale. Recently did a full water test and there is no nitrate or alkaline found. Only thing my water has is a small amount of coliforms (not ecoli) that we should either chlorinate or use UV lighting. Haven't decided which just yet.

Here are the specs for option 1:
1) B.B 20-20 WHole house 20 Micron Sediment filtration system.
2) Non Electric Triple tank water Processor Series- 3
3) Non Electric Whole house Organic filtration system Series-13
4) B.B 20-5 Whole house sub micron filter
5) U.V ( Ultra Violet ) Sterilizer E-4
6) Reverse Osmosis System A-6
Including Booster pump, U.V Redundancy, Arsenic Guard, Nitrate Guard.

Here are the specs for option 2:
1) S.B 10-20 WHole house 20 Micron Sediment filtration system.
2) Non Electric Triple tank water Processor Series- 3
3) S.B 10-5 Whole house sub micron filter
4) U.V ( Ultra Violet ) Sterilizer D-4
5) Reverse Osmosis System A-4

Anyone out there with experience who could offer validation?

Any assistance is helpful!

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Only thing my water has is a small amount of coliforms (not ecoli) that we should either chlorinate or use UV lighting. Haven't decided which just yet.

I can't address your question, but those seem to be a lot. But I am wondering how deep your well is? I would look to sanitize my system. http://www.moravecwaterwells.com/index.php/maintainance/disinfection-and-testing is the procedure I like.

If your well is deep (where do you draw the line?? dunno-- 100 feet is deep, 28 feet is not, and the line would be somewhere between.) and in good shape after sanitizing, I would expect the system to stay coliform free-- or at least pathogen free and e-coli free. That sanitizing can be a DIY thing. That procedure is longer than most people use, and the DIYer can give it the time more readily I think.

Regarding the test, it could be that the faucet was not sterilized first. But in any case, I think that sanitizing your well and plumbing makes sense. You might read about PathoScreen if you want to consider a test you can perform yourself.

OK, I am going to comment on the items in the quotes. You need a water softener. I see "2) Non Electric Triple tank water Processor Series- 3" on each. I would think 1 of the 3 tanks would be a water softener. But a non-electric water softener? That is scary. My worst fear would be that it is some no-salt thing. But if it is a real softener, what times and sequences the valving? If that is powered by a turbine, that sounds hokey to me. But that doesn't make it hokey. I am not a pro, and I am ready to be surprised. My best thought is that it is a system where they change out the softener resin tank for you each month. That works, but is more costly due to the service calls.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks