Kinetico Sulfur Guard vs. Culligan Iron-Cleer/Gold Softner

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by marcopolo, Aug 20, 2009.

1. marcopolo

marcopolo New Member

looking at other options and want to know if anyone out there has advice for me.

I have a well and in my aread there tends to be high iron, sulfu and manganese.

My well:
    3-7 ppm iron (both ferrous and ferric)
    3.5 ppm Hydrogen Sulfide
    2.0 ppm manganese
    7.2-7.5 ph
    247 TDS
    Some fine/small rust particles or sediment from time to time like sand

My water always looks clear, but at times looks like there many be a faint black tint in the back of the toilet bowls and then eventually looks like it may turn yellow. I have a deep well and the water is never orange or red or anything. No matter what system I have in, and there have been three now and all have had filter cartridges in additon to the softners, the filters only last 3 weeks and then go bad and my water smells bad like metal/blood and rotten eggs.

I dont' know what option there is for me
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Hey guys, when you email or private message the rest of us can't see how you resolved the problem. That is kind of what a forum is for.
  3. marcopolo

marcopolo New Member

reposting later with uptodate info.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009