Kinetico Softener with salty taste during regen. Help!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Doinkeroni

Reaction score
Hello I have a 11 year old Kinetico Mach 20605 water softener. It has worked great until recently I notice a very salty taste for about 5 min during regen (typically notice it when taking a shower). I have disc #5 on it.
I would like to fix this myself to avoid the $100+ service call. Can anyone help me understand the problem?
I do not have a prefilter, and I do have very good water pressure at the unit.

Please help!
Thank you in advance!

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Check the drain line for any obstruction. The drain flow control may be clogged. It is inside the valve. Go to watersoftenersuperstore for a break down of the valve.

Last edited:

Doinkeroni

Reaction score
Check the drain line for any obstruction. The drain flow control may be clogged. It is inside the valve. Go to watersoftenerstore for a break down of the valve.

Thanks for the reply. The drain is clear. I tried going to watersoftenerstore.Com but it didn't exist. Am I doing something wrong?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
No but I am. It's watersoftenersuperstore.com. Inside the valve is a rubber cone shaped flow control in the level 4. Most likely it has debris stuck in it causing the system not to flush properly. Let me know if you have any questions.

Skip
352-454-2992

Reach4

Reaction score
If there is salty water during the regeneration, there would seem to be a valve section involved in the bypass to be leaking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks