Kinetico S250

Users who are viewing this thread

New2WaterSofteners

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I live West of Houston, TX. I just purchased (and had installed) an S250 whole house water softener. As part of that, they installed a Watts 3 stage R/O above my fridge (for the water line) and a Watts 4 stage R/O under the sink. I am new to water softeners, so I have a small laundry list of questions I'd love your help with.

Regarding the Kinetico S250 - mine does not appear to have the "filter" I see in many of the pictures. Why is this? Is there an S250 with filter and without filter option? Given that I don't have the filter (just two tanks plus the brine tank) -- what types of chemicals or contaminants would be removed as part of the S250?

For the Watts, do you have a recommendation of who sells the least expensive replacement filters? The vendor that installed this recommended that they perform the service due to "warranty issues" and a "really sensitive nut" ... he also stated that the Kinetico should be hassle free, with no maintenance required any time soon except the addition of salt.

Hard / Soft Water. I know I have a bypass on this model, but how do I check to see if an outdoor spicket is truly hard or soft water? I have a pool, so I need to be sure the info I received was accurate. What I was told was that "I can add water from any source I want on bypass", or, I was told any spicket to the left of the system or the irrigation system -- was left on hard water. How do I check for sure?

In terms of price, what is the going rate for an S250? I am trying to make the price I paid was fair.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks