Kinetico Model Number?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Onamac, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Onamac

Onamac New Member

WHAT MODEL NUMBER IS IT?: I recently purchased a twin-tank Kinetico water softener that I thought was a Model 60. It's not. The insides of the control head are essentially identical with a Model 60, except it does not have the two white check "balls". Instead, it uses two yellow check "pins" about 1" long and 1/8" in diameter. Based on dates molded into the plastic housings, it was made in 2003 - 10 years old. The tanks are black, not tan, like my 26-year-old Model 60 (which is still working). Thanks for helping.
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

It may be a model 60. They changed from the check balls to the pins but it is still a K60. The size of the tanks and the configuration determines the model #.
  3. Onamac

Onamac New Member

Thanks! Turns out you are correct - asking an expert usually helps! I just now managed to decipher the label on the tank enough to make out that it is indeed a Model 60. The tanks are black, but exactly the same size as my much older Model 60 with the tan tanks (8" diameter, 40.25" tall without the head). I have a call in right now to Kinetico to see if the serial number I believe I was able to make out provides more specifics.

Do you know if this particular Model 60 (pins instead of check balls) is as good as the older ones and worth refurbishing? That's where I think I am heading.
  4. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

As far as I know it is. If needed, I have a manual and exploded view parts list I will be happy to share. Just send me an email and I will send it to you.
  5. Onamac

Onamac New Member

New here. How do I do that without sending it out to everyone?
  6. amateurplumber1

amateurplumber1 Member

Click his name and select private message! Good luck! This forum has been unbelievably helpful to me so hopefully I can help a little.