Kinetico model 60

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by ErikM, Jan 10, 2009.

1. ErikM

ErikM New Member

I have a Kinetico model 60 and I want to remove the meter and clean everything up. I've never done this and don't want to mess up my system. If anyone has any step by step instructions to remove it and put it back I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

kinetico

Kinetico is very secretive about their softeners and tries to keep all service to themselves, so they do not publish any self help instruction as far as I know.
  3. Probedude

Probedude New Member

Do they use an off the shelf valve though? (Autotrol, Fleck, Klack?)

Gary Slusser can likely be of help here.
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Nope proprietary!
  5. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Why do you want to take it apart?

What is it doing it shouldn't or, not doing that it should?

Kinetico or their dealers, especially their resident salesman on most forums, will not tell you how to take it apart except to remove the screws around the clear dial. Then you're on your own and why I say that people should not buy proprietary equipment.

I've taken a few apart but it's been a long time ago so I'm no help except to say they have a lot of small parts inside.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

kinetico

The claim it is the only "softener that does not use electricity" so it could not use any standard control. And they also do not give out parts for others to service them either, at least in this area.
  7. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

All you have to do is to scroll down below the text box you type a reply in and click on Manage Attachments.