Kinetico Model 60 Toothed Disk Operation

Users who are viewing this thread

CCFOAM

Reaction score
Spent most of day watching the disk slowly turn. The upper disk is absolutely turning about 1 tooth every minute or so. But the bottom disk with the mark on it doesn't seem to move. I've had it apart half a dozen times and do not understand how this could happen. It looks like the bottom disk is rotated by water flowing out of small holes under the disk into voids on bottom of lower disk. What I don't see is how the upper disk rotates. Is it just friction between the two disks? Is it even possible for the upper disk to rotate, but not the lower disk?

Somebody please help!

Chuck

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
The upper disc (meter disc) moves 1 tooth every 12.5 gallons. If you watch the no back pawl, it will ride up 1 tooth & drop into the slot of the next. The meter disc has a number on it which represents the number of slots on the buttom side. For example, a # 3 disc has 3 slots whereas a #6 has 6 slots. Each slot will allow the regen start pawl to contact the control disc. Once the regen start pawl is in contact with the control disc, it will turn it untill a regen is started at which time the regen drive pawl takes over & carries the unit through a cycle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks