Kinetico - Model 51 - Will not draw brine

Users who are viewing this thread

jaxpaboo

Reaction score
Unit produced in '98. Have had no issue in last 8 years. #2 wheel, double tank system.

I have checked float valve assembly, brine elbow, venturi, venturi throat, stem values, and brine float control. Everything looks good, nice circle of light and can blow air though with one exception. I think I used a paper clip on brine float control in the past and I think I have higher air flow when I blow through it.

For testing, I disconnected the brine tubing at the brine elbow into the Level 3. I have constant mild stream of water coming out of the brine elbow even when system is not in regeneration mode. Not sure if that is normal or not. It takes a good deal of pressure with my thumb over the brine elbow to get the flow of water to stop.

The only difference is a couple minutes into the brine cycle. Water pressure drops and comes out of the brine elbow a little more than a trickle. It is easy for me to get the water to stop with my thumb. There is no suction at this point though. Even if I hold for a few minutes, no suction occurs.

I have uploaded a video to YouTube of unit going though manual regeneration cycle. At end of video I have attached photos of some of the components I have checked with comments.

Kinetico 51 - Will not draw brine - YouTube

I hope you can assist in troubleshooting my issue. I hope I am missing something easy, but let me know if I you suggest I visit my dealer and pickup some replacement parts.

jaxpaboo

Reaction score
Originally posted this on a different forum... too a long hiatus from getting it fixed, but I am motivated to get this unit running.

I have replaced the following parts:

Throat, Regeneration Flow Control, Backwash Flow Control, Brine Flow Control, Drain Valve Seals (x2), Control Valve Seal, Main Value Seals (x4)

A couple days ago and took out the media and inspected. Since media was out I have connected system with no media to ensure there are no flow restriction problems with media.

Same issue.

Here are some updated videos after replacing some parts as well.

What could I be missing?

Thanks,
Pat

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks