Kinetico Mach Quad Tank Softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Christian H

Reaction score
I've had this softener since new and it has been in 2 different houses. It has worked flawlessly for over 10 years. As of recent, it has been leaking from the clear "glass" window where the #3 gear is visible. I have replaced with a new gasket from a dealer that actually sold me one. Still leaks..... Seems it is coming from a bolt hole from one of the 8 bolts. This concerns me as there could be a crack in the threads?

Also, the softness comes and goes. More goes anymore. When I force a few regenerations, it is soft as soft can be for a couple weeks. We are a house of 5, so it regenerates often. The last tank of salt seemed to take forever to empty, like months forever. My hunch is that it is regenerating, but not pulling brine all the time? Anyway, I need some help and pointers. I love soft water and don't want spend 5G's again on a new system.

Also, we have well water. But, it is pre-filtered with a whole house filter. This has been in place for 6 years now. One more note, this quad is a charcoal unit too as it used to be hooked up to city water when we lived in Florida.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks