Kinetico K60 resin replacement recommendations

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Cory, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Cory

Cory New Member

I've got a K-60 that is almost 30 years old, I would like to change the resin.
    What type of resin does this unit utilize?

Would the Purolite C100x10MB Chlorine Tolerant Softener resin be a good choice since I live in a city that utilizes chlorine?

Thanks,

Cory
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Some Kinetico softeners use fine mesh resin. So call Kinetico and find out what resin yours should have in it and if there should be a gravel under bed. Then buy it online from me etc. and DIY. Personally I don't think the 'chlorine tolerant' resins are worth the money. And to prove that, your resin is 30 years old, and it was not chlorine tolerant.
  3. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

A plumbing supply house can not/will not compete with an online dealer's prices including the shipping. Also, some plumbing supply houses will not sell retail and most will have a high list price if they do sell retail.