Kinetico 60 - Where do the balls fit ?

Users who are viewing this thread

telljcl

Reaction score
I've been looking over various Kinetico posts describing rebuilding the heads etc..., but haven't seen exactly where the 4 balls fit in the unit.

I've taken apart a head I have that regularly causes periods of salty water, and I can't find the blue balls inside. I think they either were not put in last time someone rebuilt the head, or have somehow come out of the unit. I found the white ones, but would be grateful if anyone could describe or show where the white ones go (I think I see, but not sure) and where the blue ones would go (if I can get some from the dealer - anywhere online?)

The rest of the valve seems pretty simple, since the gears etc... seem to be working smoothly.

Don't know if the missing blue balls would cause salty water, but I'm out of ideas as to why I get it frequently / regularly. The head I have I got from a guy on **** who said it was rebuilt (year ago or more) - he may not have put the balls in properly, or at all, for all I know.

Thanks for any help!

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a set of check balls that are in the main base. If they are out of place, the unit will not draw brine. Based on what you say as to salty water, it sounds like they are in place. I have an exploded diagram of the valve. If you want a copy, just e-mail me.

Model 60 Expert

Reaction score
There are only 2 balls per unit. Originally the color was white. In the mid '90's Kinetico changed them to blue to easier find them after dropping them in a salt tank full of white salt. Go figure. you can use either color, or one of each. Blue on the right, or on the left. 2 white, or 2 blue.

The balls should be located directly below the brine connection on the main base (Level 6)

Cap Richards

Reaction score
I am having this issue with the softener not taking brine (model 60). I took apart the head and found the two blue balls floating the water once I pulled the base peice off. If anyone has a detailed explanation of where those need to go that would be much appreciated.

Thomas Carver

Reaction score
I am having this issue with the softener not taking brine (model 60). I took apart the head and found the two blue balls floating the water once I pulled the base peice off. If anyone has a detailed explanation of where those need to go that would be much appreciated.

Thomas Carver

Reaction score
At the top of level 6 are two columns " separated"
At the top of level 6 are two "columns" or posts that look like a ball would sit on it. They are a simple check valve is all.
20210912_143122.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks