Kinetico 30 Plus won't draw/replenish from/to brine tank

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by wm_son, Sep 24, 2013.

1. wm_son

wm_son New Member

Greetings from Indy all,

Brief history, unit was brand new Jan. '03 (11.75 yrs. old) in a brand new condo in area with high chlorine and high water pressure coming from public water (according to Kinetico tech). At about the 11 yr mark (1/1/13) unit slowly quit using salt, until late spring when no salt has been used and consequently no soft water. Unit was also not self-regenerating. Kinetico tech (Ktech) serviced the machine last week (9/18) and said the valve needed replaced/rebuilt for $1,000. He could not get the unit to self-regenerate or draw and replenish from/to the brine tank. He changed disk from 6 to 7 and said there was no hope but to cough up some serious coinage.

Enter wm_son. I was able to access a youtube video about head disassembly, so I disassemble and reassembled and was able to get the unit to self-regenerate AND pull and replenish the brine tank. Only once though did it do the full brine tank cycle. It continues to self-regenerate but no brine tank activity occurs. Did the valve has just one more life to give after I reassembled or is there still hope? Is there ever malfunction of the brine line or brine float that would prevent the brine cycle from occurring? Is there a way to test? Any assistance is much appreciated, thank you.
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Kinetico's can be very easy to work on once you understand how they work. I have an exploded view of the parts as well as a manual. If you would like a copy (it will help), send me an email and I'll send it to you.
  3. wm_son

wm_son New Member

Quick shout-out to mialynette for getting me info; it's still regenning and brine is working now for 2 days; no soft water yet after 7 cycles (3 on main, 4 on remote). I'm thinking resin needs replaced. I will test it like you said. Get me a hb hatch test kit also. Tanks, ha, for all the info and advice.
  4. Brian Bennett

Brian Bennett New Member

Can I get a copy of that? I have a mach series I have a 4 tank system Model number 2080F OD on one set and 2175s on the other set. photo 1.jpg photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG