Kinetico 30 media question

Users who are viewing this thread

Deke Morisse

Reaction score
I have a Kinetico 30 that has been operating for about 20 years on the original media and I've decided to renew it. The softener itself still works fine and has never failed or required any parts. The twin tanks are approximately 7x36". Before I tackle this a few things came to mind. My questions are:
1. How much media per tank should I need?
2. What type media should I use?
3. What is a good brand to use?
4. I believe the tanks unscrew with 0-rings. Is there a special tool required or just straight forward?
5. Any other hint/tips would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Deke

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
The tanks unscrew and require no special tool. The resin is standard mesh. The amount will be listed in the manual. You can find an exploded view of the part and manual at watersoftenersuperstore.

Deke Morisse

Reaction score
The tanks unscrew and require no special tool. The resin is standard mesh. The amount will be listed in the manual. You can find an exploded view of the part and manual at watersoftenersuperstore.
Thanks for the quick response. My manual disappeared years ago and until now, I've been unable to find one. Thanks for the source!
Very much appreciated.
Deke
NE Michigan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks