Kinetico 2175 Water meter disc and flow range determination

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian Bennett

Reaction score
I just had my water tested and according to the results I have the wrong water meter disc in my system. I am attaching the spec sheet for my 2175. My total compensate hardness is 99 gpg. According to the spec sheet I seem to have two different flow range settings, 15/30 ppg. I am not sure how to determine which one I am using. It could make a difference in which water disc meter I switch to. I currently have a 6 installed which is wrong.

Attachments

• manual-dedurizator-apa-kinetico-mach-2175s.pdf
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,244

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Operating Specs
Flow Range (15 / 30 psig).............................................16.0 – 22.0 gpm
Is that the part you are talking about?
Pressure drop for the gallon per minute flow rate?
My under standing of the Kenetico system is that the wheel under the glass is part of it and then there is the setting of the float assembly in the brine tank for the salt dose.
The unit has a max hardness of 175grains and your water is 99/17.1 or just under 6 grains.
Is there any iron in the water? because right now your under 6 for comp hardness and most likely disc 1 and a setting in the brine tank to give 15lbs of salt.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
What the disc selection chart is saying is with a # 4 disc it can handle up to 88 GPG hardness using 15 lbs of salt with efficiency of 4342 grains per lb of salt or 110 GPG using 30 lbs of salt with efficiency of 2728 grains per lb. The #5 disc 103 GPG using 15 lbs of salt with efficiency of 4342 grains per lb. I hope this makes sense.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks