Kinetico 2060 Water Softner

Users who are viewing this thread

mikewaf

Reaction score
I have a Kinetico 2060 water softner that I am haveing a problem with. The water is noy soft, the wife says the dish water does'nt hold suds, and the water is messing her hair up. What can I do, short of calling a service Tech?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I disagree. You can watch the no back pawl while water is running in the house. If it drops into the next tooth it is metering the water. You can check for a draw during the brining cycle. Tell me what you have done so far.

Chevy427

Reaction score
Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest. Check to make sure the by-pass is not open. There is an easy way to determine if it is drawing brine.

Has it been using salt? Check all toilets to make sure water is flowing slowly over the overflow tube. Adjust to about one inch below it.
What is your water hardness? What metering wheel number do you see in the lens on the valve. Do you have a prefilter?
Check these things and report back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks