Kinetico 2060 Water Softner

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by mikewaf, Jan 4, 2013.

1. mikewaf

mikewaf New Member

I have a Kinetico 2060 water softner that I am haveing a problem with. The water is noy soft, the wife says the dish water does'nt hold suds, and the water is messing her hair up. What can I do, short of calling a service Tech?
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

not much.......
  3. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

I disagree. You can watch the no back pawl while water is running in the house. If it drops into the next tooth it is metering the water. You can check for a draw during the brining cycle. Tell me what you have done so far.
  4. chevy427

chevy427 Banned

Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest. Check to make sure the by-pass is not open. There is an easy way to determine if it is drawing brine.

Has it been using salt? Check all toilets to make sure water is flowing slowly over the overflow tube. Adjust to about one inch below it.
    What is your water hardness? What metering wheel number do you see in the lens on the valve. Do you have a prefilter?
    Check these things and report back.