Kichen Sink Venting Issue

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Gbuilder, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Gbuilder

Gbuilder New Member

I live in Massachusetts and I am currently renovating my kitchen. I would like to place a pass-through above my kitchen sink into the living room. Currently the vent for the kitchen sink rises vertically in a stud bay right in the middle of the proposed pass-through opening. I would like to know if it would be acceptable by code to redirect the sink vent pipe to the left and follow the outer perimeter of the pass-through opening and reconnect it to the existing vertical ceiling location. (see photos. If not can you suggest an alternative plan that would achieve same result. I appreciate your advice

GBuilder

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

No reason not to do it that way.
  3. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

Reventing Kitchen Sink

:)

Yes to make vent like you show is "OK" just make sure where you do bottom,
    turn over that it is above the flood level of the sink!!

JERRYMAC MASTERPLUMBER & MASTER DRAINMAN
  4. Gbuilder

Gbuilder New Member

Thanks for the reply jerry

I take it that the flood level of the sink would be considered even with the counter top
  5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Above the point where, if the sink was flooding, it would be entirely above that point. Some places want it 6" above that point.