Kichen Sink Venting Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Gbuilder

Reaction score
I live in Massachusetts and I am currently renovating my kitchen. I would like to place a pass-through above my kitchen sink into the living room. Currently the vent for the kitchen sink rises vertically in a stud bay right in the middle of the proposed pass-through opening. I would like to know if it would be acceptable by code to redirect the sink vent pipe to the left and follow the outer perimeter of the pass-through opening and reconnect it to the existing vertical ceiling location. (see photos. If not can you suggest an alternative plan that would achieve same result. I appreciate your advice

GBuilder

Attachments

• IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_1952.JPG
    IMG_1952.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 235

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
Reventing Kitchen Sink

:)

Yes to make vent like you show is "OK" just make sure where you do bottom,
turn over that it is above the flood level of the sink!!

JERRYMAC MASTERPLUMBER & MASTER DRAINMAN

Gbuilder

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply jerry

I take it that the flood level of the sink would be considered even with the counter top

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Above the point where, if the sink was flooding, it would be entirely above that point. Some places want it 6" above that point.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks