Kenmore water softner: Water going in drain pipe continuously

Users who are viewing this thread

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Then you have 2 choices, If you are good with the hands and mind and can fix a number of things with a good owners manual.
You can go over the book, order the parts, take the unit apart and save most of the service time(your time is still worth something).
If it is underwarrenty then some thing there might kick in..
Have the Sears service tech do all of it.

Choices Choices....

You might even find some one that has a complete working valve from a unit that came in on a trade that you could pick up, and replace that part, wire it up and off and on your way again.

gagan

Reaction score
I think I am going to go with calling the Sears guys and getting this thing fixed.

Thanks for all your help :)
Gagan

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only thing that I would do if that is your choice is to have them give you an est as to the cost of time and parts.

Glad that I could help and inlighten you as to what to look for and a better understanding of how it works.

gagan

Reaction score
Hi Akpsdvan,

Just to update you. The sears guy came today and he told that the motor and some other parts would need to be changed and it would cost around 400$ . He also told that the age of the unit is around 7 years.

We have decide to buy a Kenmore 350 Series Water Softener and try installing it on our, or in worst case, get a handyman to help with the installation.

Gagan

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Look for the same things to go bad in about the same or shorter time frame.

If you already have the new unit, the by pass assembly should match up with the old one, put the unit in bypass, do what is needed to de-pressure the unit, pull the two black lock rings and remove unit, put new unit in place, put back black lock rings....

let me know.

gagan

Reaction score
Changed our mind to get the Kenmore 370 Series Water Softener as the valve for the 370 and 400 serires is the same and would not require any new plumbling. Will let you know how the installation goes :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks