Kenmore Water Heater Install

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by art_d, Dec 7, 2004.

1. art_d

art_d New Member

On my new kenmore power miser 12 there is a blue plastic tube all the way up into the cold water inlet, threaded portion. I'm assuming this is the dip tube. Is this suppose to be up that far? And, how do I thread my heat traps into the cold water inlet with that in the way?
    Thanks
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Is it a hollow plug put there to keep crud out until it was installed?
  3. The Pipe Rat

The Pipe Rat New Member

The dip tube should slide into the threads and still allow you enough room to install your "Heat trap" nipples.
  4. art_d

art_d New Member

Can someone recommend someone that can install a gas direct vent water heater on the Eastside, Seattle area? I'm sick of working on this