Kenmore ultra 800 water softener problem

Users who are viewing this thread

dvg

Reaction score
I have two problems with my kenmore water softener...one is the water in the salt tank will not drain and the water in the house taste really salty. I have replaced the venturi gasket and cleaned that whole thing and tried to drain the water by forcing it in the brine cycle with the transformer unplugged with no luck of getting the salt water level in the brine tank to go down. I talked with kenmore and they said it might be the Oring Kit for Distributor ( Riser ) pipe and valve to tank. My question is i'm not quite sure how to get to that set of orings ? Can I dissamble the valve top assembly and replace the oring set of 3 or do I have to shut the water off and disconnect the valve assembly from the main, or is this even the problem? Any help would be much appreciated as I'm trying to avoid calling them to replace orings and gaskets and pay $300 plus dollars. I just can;t seem to visualize how to get to those orings without disrupting the main water supply. I hope that I can get to it by throwing the bypass and dissassembling the top valve assy?

thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks