Kenmore Intellisoft 350 problems

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Mimo, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Mimo

Mimo New Member

Folks,

This was working fine up until a month or so ago. The low salt level indicator came on and the softner hasn't been working since.

I refilled the unit with salt and tried to reset the low salt level and light. Doesn't allow me to. Just beeps. Tried to manually regenerate. Wont let me. Button doesn't do anything.

I can change the other settings (regen time, hardness level, etc), but nothing else. I don't believe it's auto-regenerating either. The salt has remained at one level for a few weeks now.

Any ideas?
  2. Skip Wolverton

Skip Wolverton In the Trades

Push and hold the regen button. Does it advance into a cycle? If not, push and hold the select button for 4 sec, then push and hold it again. This should put you into the secondary mode. There you can scroll to the screen with 3 000. Once there, push the regen button. Does the unit advance into a cycle?
  3. jimtum

jimtum AAW

Skip does that work on all Kenmores? And what else does it allow you to do?
  4. Mimo

Mimo New Member

Got here, but does not advance to regen.
  5. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

So doing a regen now would NOT turn the motor? the Motor would not run?
    If you push regen now and the control face changes then that part is working but if the motor is not turning then I would say that the motor is gone.. cheap motors..
    If it is under a year you might be able to get it under warranty..
  6. Mimo

Mimo New Member

The motor does not run. It's totally silent. Nothing happens.
  7. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Have a 24 volt trans former around to try a jump on the motor?
    Or might you have some small jumpers to go from the in line of power to and go straight to the motor ?

I am betting on the motor is shot...
  8. Skip Wolverton

Yes. The Kenmore (Sears) softeners have a dianositic mode where you can check the micro switch and meter turbine. In this mode, you can puch the regen button and it will start immediately.
  9. Skip Wolverton

If the motor does not run after pressing the regen button, the controller should come up with an error code 1 if in fact the controller shows in regen.
  10. jimtum

jimtum AAW

Thanks, do you have a book for this info and if so where can I get one?
  11. Mimo

Mimo New Member

I'll take another look to see if I get the error code.

Other than that, i do not have the equipment or know-how to perform a jump on the motor.

Is there anyway, via diagnostic mode, to tell how many times this thing has regerated or cycled? It's practically brand new. Out of warranty but under utilized until about 4 months ago.
  12. Skip Wolverton

13. jimtum

jimtum AAW

Gracias skip
  14. Skip Wolverton

These models do not show the amount of regen or days since install. You can buy a multi meter at Lowes or Home Depot for $11.00 +/-.