kenmore flooded brine tank HELP!

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Kenbow, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Kenbow

Kenbow New Member

My brine tank is flooded, checked the kenmore trouble shooting animation and get to a point where it tells me to get a service tech, not really what i want to hear when money is tight, the vent is cleaned went through the testing till it came to drawing water down from the tank in Brine cycle,which it did not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ken.
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

3. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Removing a brine or drain flow control is a bad idea. It's there because it is needed. Finding and fixing the cause of it blocking, or simply cleaning it is a better approach.
  4. Kenbow

Kenbow New Member

Thanks, i got it working for now and will order new gaskets to replace the problem ones.
  5. joslinm

joslinm New Member

Kenmore service tells you to take it out.