keeping the bowl clean

Users who are viewing this thread

wjd

Reaction score
I have a toto (dartmouth) and was wondering how to keep the inside of the bowl clean, it seems like the bowl does not do a good job of cleaning the sides of the bowl when you flush.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
You could change your diet, or you could aim better :D . There's a thread here started by Terry which reports good results using Clorox's new Teflon bowl cleaner. I've had no smearing problems with my Drake, so haven't been too concerned about the problem.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
sol_prod_toilet_teflon.gif

All newer 1.6 gallon toilets use less water.
It's not really a brand specific thing.

Using the longer flush option helps, in this case, hold the lever a bit longer for flush.

Also using the Teflon bowl cleaner helps.

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4966&highlight=teflon+bowl+cleaner

wjd

Reaction score
Mikey said:
You could change your diet, or you could aim better :D . There's a thread here started by Terry which reports good results using Clorox's new Teflon bowl cleaner. I've had no smearing problems with my Drake, so haven't been too concerned about the problem.

FUNNY :D IS A DRAKE THE SAME AS DARTMOUTH?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
dartmouth_pedestal.jpg

The Drake and the Dartmouth are very similar in how they work.
You could say that the Darthmouth is a Buick but with the big tail fins, you know, a Cadillac.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks