KBI cpvc valves USA made, any opinions?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by tom-rad, Nov 1, 2009.

1. tom-rad

tom-rad New Member

I bought these KBI cpvc valves today, but not familiar with the brand. Anyone know about this company? I have a choice of Legend or KBI. Leaning toward the KBI, as it's USA made, the Legend is China (although the Legend is Teflon lined. Thanks.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Legend

ANd WHAT does teflon lining do as far as the water system is concerned? Are you going to cook with them and need the non-stick feature?
  3. tom-rad

tom-rad New Member

thanks, I am not sure about KBI, are they reputable?

Never heard of them until yesterday, got two at Ace Hardware. I had a couple of Legend cpvc valves on hand, but wanted to use the best of the two. The KBI is made differently than any ball valve I've seen, it's not a complete ball with a hole through it, it's more like a revolving door. May be good, I don't know. Thought I'd ask opinions. I only liked the 'Made in USA' label, the construction looked weird to me. The Legend (made in China) is a conventional ball, and offers no restriction to water flow when it's opened. Plus, I figured the Teflon would help it operate smoothly. Thanks again for any opinions.