Katalox Light Backwash Rate

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Gray

Reaction score
Hrmmm... I'm going to stop trying to find a way to invent a system or replace components and go with standard components. There's an entire industry and hundreds of manufacturers who have more ability, knowledge, and experience than me. I should probably go with what has been proven effective :) Saving $100 or so on a contact tank system isn't worth the headache of doing the R&D to find out if it works, while my family suffers the consequences of a malfunctioning system.

GerardP

Reaction score
Sorry, somehow I posted a reply in this thread instead of the one I started relating to high pH. It wouldn't let me delete the post so I've had to delete the original wording instead.

Last edited:

WellOff

Reaction score
Robert, not sure if you're still around or not, but I can tell you that chlorine (with or without a contact tank) and carbon won't be eliminating your Mn. I'm currently documenting my experiences of this here: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/battles-with-manganese.59540/

Yes, I'm using H2O2, but it's a superior to chlorine [twice as effective] at oxidizing Fe and Mn, and I've never been able to make a dent in my Mn numbers (over raw). The only thing that appears to be a possible solution for my Mn issues is Katalox Light, though I am still trying to conclude whether it will work for me in production (other than Mn, which is low, my water is excellent- I just don't want to give up something in order to eliminate/reduce the Mn). KL test managed to reduce my Mn numbers below the magic threshold (0.05mg/L).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks