Just pictures of Rats

Users who are viewing this thread

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
My son Jacob used to have 2 rats as a 4H project...Chance and Guess...they made very nice pets they never bit any one...except for the night we bought the 2nd one we haden't had them in the car 2 min. and my daughter put her hand in the box and the new rat we had bought to keep company with the first one promptly sunk his teeth into her finger....the first one was so friendly that she thought the new one would be the same right away...she didn't know there was a slight getting to know you time...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I'd like to say I have had good experiences with these critters but I have not. My brother had one when we were kids, and after letting it run around his bedroom for most of its life, I was in the room when the rat finally decided to die.

That was not very pleasant to watch, and quite spontaneous.

Then there were the rats that lived in my roof when I used to live in Malawi about 10 years ago. Scratching all night long. The rat poison out there is very strong, some might say illegal. But it worked. The rats went crazy one night, then nothing, then the smell. God, that was horrible fishing those things out of the attic.

And because the poison was so strong I had to burn them to avoid the dog digging them up if I buried them. That was both the first and the last time I used petrol to start a fire. It really does go up like on the movies! Until that point I had kept a 5 gallon plastic can of the stuff in the house. After seeing just a fraction of that petrol ignite, I'll never keep more than a quarter of a gallon of fuel indoors again. I do not even like doing that but you bloody Americans are obsessed with gasoline mowers. Why can't you just use electric ones like the rest of the world?

Oh, I forgot....110 stupid volts don't get you very far.

Last edited:

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
YMMV. We have tree rats.

Gas grill - ate all the grease out of the grill pan and ate the residue off the grill. Relieved themselves in every possible location. Not a useful method of cleaning grill.

Working on car. Both sides of the engine full of rat droppings. I am sure it lowers millage. Perhaps if I installed a booster treadmill I could come out ahead. Green power. Feed them nuts or cat food.

Strawberries on the second floor deck - gone.

Mechanical traps - got only one.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
I do not even like doing that but you bloody Americans are obsessed with gasoline mowers. Why can't you just use electric ones like the rest of the world?

110 works fine. We had a 'lectric mower when I was a kid. Our amperage is different, remember, so it all actually works out pretty close in terms of power. Just a cultural thing, I guess, or maybe because our lawns are bigger, makes for a hassle with cords?

Anyways, Black & Decker makes them, so does Toro, and other companies as well.

Why don't you keep the gas can in your garage, like normal people do?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Hi sewerratz,
its good to see your hobby.You have lot of beautiful pictures of cute rats.

Thank you, I wish I had some pictures of my pet rat handy. I really need to break down and get a good digital camera. Thing is I rather spend the moneys on computers and plumbing tools.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I do not even like doing that but you bloody Americans are obsessed with gasoline mowers. Why can't you just use electric ones like the rest of the world?

Maybe it's because all you have over there for a lawn is a postage stamp sized patch of grass...

Where I'm from there are a lot of these...

StoreLocation-RidingMower.jpg

I bet that would be a lot of fun with a stinkin cord.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks