just lots of help needed

Users who are viewing this thread

apachebell

Reaction score
Awhile back I posted some questions about my leaky toilet. Well, it turned out to be a very easy fix in the SHOWER, not the toilet. Now, I have toilet issues. I had maybe an inch around the flange that was rotted, from a previous, unrelated leak. The flange was too high, so I was faced with trying to find a way to get the toilet to sit flush. Rather than cut out the floor, I added 1/2" subfloor to the existing floor (very little of the original was bad) and then I reset the toilet with a waxless ring. The toilet still did not sit flush, so I used wedges. Now the toilet is not level and it does not flush well. Could the flushing be caused by not being level? It also has an odd smell, I believe because the "stuff" is not flushing fully and you can only stand there and flush for so long before you have to go to work, right?

So.....I don't know what to do. If I have the flange replaced or replace it myself, then the ceiling underneath will have to be torn out. That would be bad.

I am hesitant to add another layer of subfloor over the existing linoleum...just seems very sloppy.

I can't figure out how to support/level the toilet. It is sturdy, the floor is solid, but the toilet is not level. The seat won't even stay open on its own and I really want to get away from those stupid shims...

Help.........

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks