Just a quick question?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by justawop, Jan 20, 2009.

1. justawop

justawop New Member

I had my hot water pipes freeze(plastic pipes), thawed them and installed heat wrap. Checked for leaks and none found. Since they thawed when I turn the water off on all faucets, hot and cold, it kind of dribbles to a stop. before the freeze it shut off "instantly". Does this mean there is air in the pipes? What can I do to correct the problem? Thanks in advance
  2. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

Don't think it would be an air problem . Maybe freezing loosened some junk in the pipes & now its in the faucet .
  3. justawop

justawop New Member

Thats what I thought first, but then realized that its on all faucets and the freeze happened after the hot water heater and it the dribble happens on both hot and cold water?
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Check the aerators for debris.