Joining chrome/copper to lead pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

castufari

Reaction score
I posted about my pipe replacement last week. Finally got over to Hajoca for the parts. Replaced the trap and the 90 (which came with a long enough pipe to hit the wall). Also scored some of that epoxy that you do with your hands.

Anyway, I put the stuff in this evening. I had to shimmy the straight end of the 90 to get it into the lead pipe. It leaks a TINY bit. Now I need to seal it up. I was thinking of pulling the 90 out, sanding the end down, then reinserting it. After it was in I'd hit it with some solder. Once cool I'd put some epoxy around the area where they meet. The end of the lead pipe is a bit rough, I can't get a saw in there to make it nice and flush looking.

So, do I:
1) leave as is (chromed brass into lead) and epoxy
2) scour chrome, reinsert, solder and epoxy
3) scour chrome, reinsert, epoxy

Thanks for all of the help. One thing out of this, I'll never go to a normal store for plumbing supplies again. The Hajoca staff was great, I handed him the trap, he handed me 2 kits (I'm replacing the downstairs trap too). I was out of there in 5 minutes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks