Joe the Plumber

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Cookie, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Cookie

Cookie .

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I'm willing to speak for a fee too.
    And it doesn't matter where it is. I figure I can make friends anywhere I go. I think my standard fee should be $2,000 plus plane fare.
    I don't know about running for congress though. I'm having way too much fun now. It would cut into my hiking, skiing and softball time.

My nephew ran for congress last time in Washington State.
    It's easy to do. Just register for it. It did give him a platform for his ideas.
  3. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

The guy's not even a licensed plumber.
  4. Terry

That's the beauty of it. Since he's not qualified to do anything, he can talk about anything.

I need a gig like that. $2000 and I'll come to your town and talk about fishing. I love to fish.
  5. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

I talk 5 and a half hours a day and don't get anywhere near that.
  6. Terry

Nobody going to pay a real plumber that much to talk. They don't even like paying us that much to "do" the plumbing.

But if you don't like fishing topics, I could come up with something for that amount.
    It's like a donation right? I'm with Tom Sawyer, please donate.
  7. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Pluumbing, of course

Yes, it's a good gig to be sure. But because a person can't get a plumbing license doesn't mean they couldn't get one if they tried. And what's with all the government regulation on that anyway? It makes more sense to be making laws. Free thinking is what's needed. That and making laws we can all live with.
  8. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

No, calling yourself a plumber when you are not is already reason enough not to vote for you. Shows character weakness I'm afraid. Perhaps you should change your tag line to Joe the opportunist.
  9. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

He is an "idiot" which, I guess, makes him a perfect candidate for any office.
  10. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

I was attempting to be slightly more delicate but I since he is a candidate I suppose that makes him an open target also. I am trying to remember the last politician that I truly admired was. I'm still thinking
  11. Cookie

Cookie .

Nixon? :)

Terry, I LOVE that new picture!

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
  12. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; I am trying to remember the last politician that I truly admired was.
    E.M. Dirkson?
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  13. BizzyBeePlumbing

BizzyBeePlumbing New Member

whats BS is this guy said he was a plumber, etc etc etc, he isnt even a licensed plumber, he "dabled" in the trade. no respect from me. he is just a poser!

Didnt he have tax issues also? Like, not paying them? Guess he will make a great politician then. When the media was running with the "Joe The Plumber" deal, I got so sick and tired people asking me if I was "Joe The Plumber"
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  14. Cookie

Cookie .

I should print that out and frame it, lol. You do look good, very handsome. :)
    Can I have your TOTO jacket? lol.
  15. BobL43

BobL43 DIY Senior Member

That flattery and 50 bucks should do it. but look closely: that logo under the pocket zipper looks too much like Ian's Corner to suit me!

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
  16. Cookie

Cookie .

YIKES! You're right. Okay, you are still very handsome terry, but...got to pass on that coat, lol. that's scary ;)
  17. Cookie

Cookie .

You got a picture of your car? :)