JOB: Master Plumber needed for a day of consulting work ASAP

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by george@captive-media, Jul 11, 2013.

1. george@captive-media

george@captive-media New Member

A Master Plumber is needed to help solve an installation issue around urinal pipework. Must be conversant of codes in multiple US states. Must be able to do this ASAP. Will pay around $20-$30hour. Email george@captive-media.co.uk for more details
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; Will pay around $20-$30hour.

Sorry, but that would not even pay me to start my vehicle.
  3. george@captive-media

The work is only advisory so you could do it from the comfort of your own home. We need someone to help design a new piece of pipework.
  4. hj

Unfortunately, I only have ONE pay scale. i do not "adjust it". 15 seconds or 60 minutes costs the same.
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

George, I note you are in the UK where perhaps things like this are done differently, but here one would hire a plumbing contractor to work on site where all conditions could be seen and taken into consideration. I seriously doubt that what you want could be done from an easy chair at home, and it will cost considerable more than minimum laborer wage.
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

7. george@captive-media

Gary, we have a document that will gives all the dimensions and conditions that you would need to be aware of.

We have a couple of installations in the US at present. We are coming across a common issue due to most urinals in America having substantial pipework where our units would sit. We need advice on how this pipework could be adjusted to fit into spare space in the back of our units.

Gary and hj, you have both implied that it would cost more than we have previously stated. What would be a more typical cost for a small project like this?
  8. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

We run our vents at 6" above the flood level. So pretty much 42" off the floor.
    That may be at about the level of your screens.
    There is a possiblity of running water lines near that height too, and since we upsize for Urinals, the pipe can be large.
  9. hj

One condition, in this area at least, is that the inspectors want the urinal to drain DIRECTLY into the vertical pipe which means the vent is almost always centered on the urinal and is close to the face of the wall.
  10. george@captive-media

Yes, the our units sit just over 43" from the ground.

Terry, did you see my email with the specific details of the brief? If so, did you have any thoughts?

This is something we need done really urgently - how much do you think an initial piece of consulting work like this may cost? I realise now that we came in with a figure that was too low.
  11. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

I would like to see the spec sheets PM me for my email.