Jetted Tub Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

C Williams

Reaction score
I have a jetted tub which has a small leak in one of the slip wyes. The joint is misaligned and I suspect it has been leaking since installed. The tub is in excellent condition so I would like to try to repair before sending it to the landfill.

Here is my plan. Cut the sched 40 1" line 1/2" from the fitting and detach the other end from the inline heater union. Heat the remainder of the pipe inside the union with a heat gun and peal it out with pliers. I've only ever seen this done online. There is enough of a straight section of the remaining pipe to install a union and a put it all back together with a small section of new pipe inserted into the slip wye.

Doable? Cautions? Recommendations?

In the event something goes horrible wrong I can always replace the parts from http://www.hwpinc.com/

Attachments

• IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 372
Last edited by a moderator:

C Williams

Reaction score
FWIW: Totally doable.

Not my finest work but it doesn't leak after an hour of running the whirlpool. Just publicly highfiving myself. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3143-001.JPG
    IMG_3143-001.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 371
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks