Jet Pump with PSC Motor

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Bob NH, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

I am looking for two 1/3 or 1/2 horsepower jet pumps that have low starting current, to be powered from an inverter on a solar powered system. I have found that a Permanent Split Capacitor (PSC) motor has lower starting current than a capacitor start, but I haven't found anyone that makes a small jet pump with such a motor.

GE makes 1/2 HP PSC motors with NEMA 56J and 56Y frames (GE Catalog numbers P706 and P711) so someone must use the motors in pumps.

Does anyone have any idea who might make a small jet pump with such a motor? I would rather not buy a pump and have to swap out the motor.