Jacuzzi Primo soaking tub vs. Sterling Ensemble?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sepschooler

Reaction score
Hi -- I need a good quality, durable tub, and I'd prefer deep, for $400 or less. 60 X 30 is current tub, but I could go 60 X 32 and still be 15" from center line of toilet.

Home Depot and Lowe's only carry the American Standard Cambridge for around $600, and it's special order, so they don't do any price matching.
The Kohler Archer is $488 from Home Depot, plus $55 shipping. These are my top two choices.
Below that in preference, but I am not sure about quality, are the less expensive Sterling Ensemble and the Jacuzzi Primo. The latter is much shinier in the store, therefore prettier, but there aren't many reviews for it, three to be exact, and one said it scratched easily. I need something that is easy to keep clean and will look good for many years.
I have 5 kids, and I worry about the presence of pthalates and/or BPA in the tubs.

Any advice from you expert plumbers and homeowners with experience with these products? Also, anyone know how I can get a better deal on my top two choices, if it turns out that Jacuzzi brand is not good? :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks