Issue with Corian counter top

Users who are viewing this thread

dms180

Reaction score
I recently had my kitchen refinished and I had a Dupont Corian countertops installed along with a new corian sink. The installer finished in one day and as I looked at the finished product, I noticed there were two large areas (about 1 1/2 feet wide) where it was very visible that the area of the countertop had been buffed. I was very upset when I saw this and I questioned the installer, who informed me that it was totally common with all Corian countertops. The area where the dull, buffed spot, was (as he said), the area where the countertop seams were. The installer said that the buffed area would fix itself over a period of 3 weeks. He said that the area fixes itself as you (I) continue to clean it with warm water and soap.

I am concerned that the istaller was full of $hit. Please help.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Tell him to come back and sand/buff/polish it with a finer material so that it blends together better with the rest of the surface. He should leave you with a nice finished product that is brand new looking--not something that will look new later.

Personally, I wouldn't ever install a counter like this. It is nice that any scratch can be buffed out but I don't want to be buffing it out all the time....

Jason

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks