Island range hood still leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

DougieM

Reaction score
I recently repaired my roof vent which vents directly through the roof of our one story home to stop water dripping down through the range hood. I wrapped the pipe in the attic with insulation to prevent condensation from forming as the problem happened mostly in the winter. I also replaced the cap on the stove pipe which extends about 3 feet from the roof line. I attached two 90 degree elbows together so that the end of the pipe faces downward to prevent rain from entering the pipe which happened on occasion because of the large opening that existed with the previous cap.

My vent has started leaking again. Could this be condensation forming on the portion of the pipe that extends above the roof?

I examined the inside of the roof in the attic and could find no sign of a leak in the roof. As water is dripping only on the inside of the stove pipe should I assume that water is from condensation and if so, how should I try to alleviate this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is there a damper in there somewhere to stop air movement when the vent is not on?

BurleyMike

Reaction score
They make roof vent hoods that have a damper in them. Does this happen after you have been running the vent hood? If so, run it longer after you are done cooking to dry out the inside of the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks