Island Loop Vent - Need Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

jac_sal

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

There are plenty of diagrams out there showing island loop vent configurations but I am still not sure how I should go about my set-up. All of the diagrams I find show the drain pipe returning towards the same side as where the roof vent pipe originates. This has the vent loop connection to the drain pipe downstream from the drain loop connection to the drain pipe. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
Common.jpg

My question is how do you set-up an island loop vent that has the drain pipe 'flowing' away from the roof vent pipe originates. Basically, I have the roof vent pipe coming down from one wall and I will be draining on the wall across the kitchen. Is it ok for the vent connection to the drain pipe to be upstream from the water drain connection or is it a must that the vent connection to the drain pipe be downstream from the water draining?
Proposed.jpg

Any help is appreciated and sorry for the crude diagrams.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks