ISE Evolution Disposers

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by DaveHo, Jun 7, 2012.

1. DaveHo

DaveHo Member

Old ISE which is 20+ years old started leaking so I need to replace it. Trying to decide between the Essential & Compact versions. Considering we typically don't jam tons of stuff in the disposal, & never put bones or other truly hard to grind items down the drain, is there any reason not to go with the compact & save a few $$? Based on what I've read, it seems the Compact might require less plumbing rework than the Essential. Anyone found that to be true? Also, what are the differences between the regular & Pro models? I can't seem to find any definitive answer on that.

Thanks.

-Dave
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

About the only "rework" needed on them is the length of the tailpiece going in to the side of it. Once you go past the Badger series, all of them will give more service than you probably need.