Is Toto Drake ADA Model "Too High" for normal use?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by bradesp, Jul 6, 2005.

1. bradesp

bradesp New Member

I want a "comfort height" type toilet and I need a super flushing toilet. THe Drake two piece looks like the best performance for the buck, however it's not available in a true "comfort height". Does anyone know if I would find the ADA model Too High?

Thanks!

bradesp
  2. Netty

Netty New Member

We just installed the Toto Drake round front - not the ADA model...we did kick it around whether or not to go for the higher model but decided if we ever felt the higher seat would be easier to use we'd just buy a raised seat..maybe even some arm rests :)
    Now that it's installed, I'm glad we didn't - this regular height is high enough for me. Maybe you can go to HD or similar store and 'test sit' on some of the ADA models to get a better idea :)
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Totally a personal decision! In public rest rooms, I always opt fot the high toilet. Easier on the knees getting up. Just my 2cents.
  4. RioHyde

RioHyde Plumber

Yep, entirely a personal choice. All the toilets in my own home are comfort height as well as elongated. Sometimes getting up off a regular height toilet really is a pain in my knees as well as my ankles and using a round front....well we wont go there. lol Now I installed two toilets for my mom while visiting her in Atlanta and she insisted on regular height as she's only 4'10" and didnt want her feet to be dangling everytime she used them.

Good luck