Is this within code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pitterpat

HandyWOMAN
Reaction score
Hey folks I'm wondering if this plumbing/ electrical is within code in this picture?

Thanks

Attachments

• levine plumbing thru floor.jpg
    levine plumbing thru floor.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 396

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
code

It is hard to tell from the picture, but the electrical wires should be at least 1" away from the plumbing pipes. You also appear to have some bad solder joints.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
romex below 7'6" from the floor has to be

protected from mech. damage. in a wall ! that setup is upsetting,to say the least

Pitterpat

HandyWOMAN
Reaction score
hj said:
It is hard to tell from the picture, but the electrical wires should be at least 1" away from the plumbing pipes. You also appear to have some bad solder joints.

I'm glad I didn't do this work. Went to look at this job today to tear out the tile in the bathroom and to retile ( the entire bathroom is tiled about 5' high) Only a 7' x 9' bathroom but this is what the joists looked like in the basement under this bathroom.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks