Is this within code?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by pitterpat, Nov 3, 2005.

1. pitterpat

pitterpat HandyWOMAN

Hey folks I'm wondering if this plumbing/ electrical is within code in this picture?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

code

It is hard to tell from the picture, but the electrical wires should be at least 1" away from the plumbing pipes. You also appear to have some bad solder joints.
  3. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

romex below 7'6" from the floor has to be

protected from mech. damage. in a wall ! that setup is upsetting,to say the least
  4. pitterpat

pitterpat HandyWOMAN

I'm glad I didn't do this work. Went to look at this job today to tear out the tile in the bathroom and to retile ( the entire bathroom is tiled about 5' high) Only a 7' x 9' bathroom but this is what the joists looked like in the basement under this bathroom.
  5. code?

I have seen whole lots worse,

looks like nothing that easily be fixed with

some bailing wire to hold the power lines off

the copper pipe, lol