Is this wet vented to the NPC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Morgan Drake

Reaction score
Is this a properly wet vented bathroom group based on the Canadian Plumbing Code, or any code for that matter? In my opinion it isn't but some fellow work mates say it is. If the toilet and tub where on the branches of the double wye and the wet vent was connected to the run I am confident that it would satisfy the NPC, this setup not so much as the water closet is not the most downstream fixture. Thanks for any help!

wet vent.png

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The IPC is a VERY lenient code, but under the UPC, the double Y would NOT be approved and the tub would not be vented. If the tub arm is vented then the double Y is proper. IF "toilets had to be the downstream fixture" it would SEVERELY limit how bathrooms could be configured or create very convoluted plumbing systems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks