Is this sink design feasible??

Users who are viewing this thread

loves2read

Reaction score
i am planning a guest bathroom remodel. Now room has 60"-- 22" deep vanity w17" over mount/drop in sink. The tub sits across from the vanity..it's 55"x29" and we will maybe go longer but no wider if we can find what we want. Toilet sits at end of vanity. Plumbing is on interior/framed walls.

I want to have an apron-front sink look but in smaller bathroom cabinet 22" front to back. To do that I need to use a vessel-- rectangular or square --sink but mounted as undermount...I want the finished front to show... It can overhang cabinet front a little bit don't want it to be higher than countertop...
I have found some photos of such in bathrooms but many are smaller kitchen farm-apron front sinks in kitchen cabinet. I can't take that much space. I found a couple using vessel sinks in undermount spaces with custom cabinetry...don't have time or cash for a custom vanity if it is feasible to retrofit something more ready made...
Google Porsche vessel sinks + undermount and photo on Houzz should come up... Style is too contemporary for us but basically layout I like...

Can the plumber do an install with a vessel sink where the dimensions work for an undermount of same size? Or are there other issues? We aren't moving any plumbing and won't need permits...will use licensed plumber...likely ones who did our master bath last fall...but I want to know if what I want IS workable so I know how hard to press if he and the tile guy who is the running the job get recalcitrant.

Appreciate any specific suggestions or past experience you care to share.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The plumber WILL connect the sink, but I do not know any who would actually custom install a sink in a way it was not designed for. If it were I, and I was "recalcitrant", it would not make any difference how much you "pressed" I would probably not do the job.

loves2read

Reaction score
The plumber WILL connect the sink, but I do not know any who would actually custom install a sink in a way it was not designed for. If it were I, and I was "recalcitrant", it would not make any difference how much you "pressed" I would probably not do the job.
Ok--I won't ask you to bid...
But as long as the sink drains as it should and faucet works as it should, what is the issue except creativity in designing the installation? Its functionality would seem the primary concern. I imagine the issue develops because the mfg or the plumber doesn't want to be sued for something like having the sink fall and do damage if it is installed as apron front vs vessel...or installing something more fragile in way that useage would damage it.
That sink is just as sturdy as a kitchen apron front sink which is too large for my purpose....just because the mfg doesn't design specs for adapting to different instillation doesn't really mean it couldn't be done, does it...only that you wouldn't.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks