Is this setup ok for Bath Remodel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Master Brian

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Ok, I had a different thread going about wet-venting, but things have changed and that isn't the issue any longer. I thought I had things being wet-vented, I don't/won't. And I think some were getting confused as I had originally thought my plumbing was different than it is.

At this point I am taking the 2nd floor bath out of the equation as I know it has issues, but it is on a different vent and drain, so no need to confuse. I am also going to terminate the sewage ejector vent through the roof via it's own vent, with nothing else connected. If there is any confusion about the 2" vent in the diagram that vents the basement fixtures, those fixtures are being drained into the sewage ejector and this vent IS NOT, it's primary vent, it is only the vent for things such as the washing machine, sink and a future bar sink.

In any case, here is what I have...

I am completely remodeling a 1st floor bath and sliding the sink over a few inches, moving a clawfoot tub to drain in the area the toilet used to sit and putting the toilet where the tub used to drain. There will be all new plumbing underneath all.

The sink used to drain, no vent, into the 4" CAST IRON stack that the tub is proposed to drain into. This is no longer an option as I cut the 2" cast iron pipe that served as the drain and it had maybe a 1/2" diameter tunnel going through it. The rest was rust and corrosion. No wonder it wouldn't drain!!

I have decided upon using an AAV valve to vent the sink and to tie into the main sewer line independently of anything else. I am doing this two fold, one I can't cut into the 4" stack that services the tubs future location, because I don't have a way to brace/support the stack above the location it would have to be cut into, in order to tie a vent into the stack. Two, the drain was so plugged, I don't want any future issues to creep up and everything is open now, so why not just bypass the clogged artery.

The tub will drain and hopefully draw a vent from the 4" cast iron stack in the wall about 1ft behind the tubs drain. The toilet will drain into the main line with a 4" PVC connection independently of anything else as well. There will be a 2" line coming off the toilets drain line that will serve as a vent and it will go up to the attic, "Y" into the 2" vent coming from the basement and exit the roof.

Does anyone see any issues with what I have listed/drawn here? Again, I appreciate all help on this.

Attachments

• BATH1.JPG
    BATH1.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 759

Master Brian

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was beginning to wonder, but considering the bathroom is almost finished, I figured I'd find out soon enough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks