Is this correct? Waste and vents

Users who are viewing this thread

mike_oat

Reaction score
Is this correct? The top T is the kitchen sink drain coming into the 4" pipe leading to my septic tank. The bottom T is the air vent. I'm not a plumber, the guy who built my house done this. I could be wrong but I figured the T's are upside down. And I would have thought the vent would go above the the kitchen drain. I live in Missouri if that helps.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 160

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It makes no difference WHERE you are, if those are drain tees and the water flows downward, BOTH tees are upside down. if the right one is supposed to be the vent for the kitchen, it is connected in the wrong location,and completely useless. IF that sink drain does NOT have another vent somewhere we cannot see it, then that is also a violation. What kind of handyman, it was definitely NOT a "plumber", did this for the lowest price of anyone?

mike_oat

Reaction score
It makes no difference WHERE you are, if those are drain tees and the water flows downward, BOTH tees are upside down. if the right one is supposed to be the vent for the kitchen, it is connected in the wrong location,and completely useless. IF that sink drain does NOT have another vent somewhere we cannot see it, then that is also a violation. What kind of handyman, it was definitely NOT a "plumber", did this for the lowest price of anyone?
Not a good one, the way it sounds. I thought it looked off and that's the only vent he has put in for the kitchen. That vent it also connected to one of the bathrooms.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Now that you know that what you have is not to code, go out and correct it. If needed, get a real plumber to re-do it for you.

mike_oat

Reaction score
Now that you know that what you have is not to code, go out and correct it. If needed, get a real plumber to re-do it for you.
Yes, i called this morning to let them know it's wrong and he came over to look it. He also agreed that it's wrong said one of his employees put it in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks