Is this a Delta 600 Shower Faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Corso

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My name is Chris. I am trying to fix a leaky shower faucet which appears to be a Delta per the faceplate. When I took off the faceplate, I saw the image above (well kinda. The image is rotated 90 counterclockwise. Sorry). Looking through your wonderful site, it sounds like this might be a Delta 600 series contraption.

Can anyone here confirm this? If so, can anyone give me some guidance on fixing this thing. I have seen this:

which appears to be a cosmetic upgrade but as far as I can tell, it does not include the valve cartridge. I'd like to upgrade the visuals of the faucet, so I plan on buying this. However, can someone point me towards the part that would actually solve the leak???

Thanks so much!

Regards,
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That "kit" you show has everything you need to rebuild the faucet. There is no "cartridge", just the seats, springs, and ball.

delta_rp54870.jpg

SHR

Reaction score
Yes, Delta 600 series with metal lever handle. Feel or if possible, look at the front of the rough brass body of the faucet. Do you see three 3/8" OD copper tubes connecting the faucet body to the front of the faucet? If so you need old style Delta seats and straight springs to fix your leak. If the rough brass body is directly connected to the front of the valve you need modern seats and cone shaped springs.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The later valves with the connector tubes also used the modern seats and springs.

rp54870-01.jpg

With the new parts.
I didn't have much luck with heating the bonnet, but tapping it with pliers loosened things up. If you use too much muscle, you can bend the three copper tubes between the body and the valving portion.

rp54870-02.jpg

With the new parts in place.

Reactions: SHR
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks