Is this a Delta 600 Shower Faucet?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Chris Corso, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Chris Corso

Chris Corso New Member

[​IMG]
    Hey everyone. My name is Chris. I am trying to fix a leaky shower faucet which appears to be a Delta per the faceplate. When I took off the faceplate, I saw the image above (well kinda. The image is rotated 90 counterclockwise. Sorry). Looking through your wonderful site, it sounds like this might be a Delta 600 series contraption.

Can anyone here confirm this? If so, can anyone give me some guidance on fixing this thing. I have seen this:
    http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/rp54870.html

which appears to be a cosmetic upgrade but as far as I can tell, it does not include the valve cartridge. I'd like to upgrade the visuals of the faucet, so I plan on buying this. However, can someone point me towards the part that would actually solve the leak???

Thanks so much!

Regards,
    Chris
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

That "kit" you show has everything you need to rebuild the faucet. There is no "cartridge", just the seats, springs, and ball.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
  3. SHR

SHR Member

Yes, Delta 600 series with metal lever handle. Feel or if possible, look at the front of the rough brass body of the faucet. Do you see three 3/8" OD copper tubes connecting the faucet body to the front of the faucet? If so you need old style Delta seats and straight springs to fix your leak. If the rough brass body is directly connected to the front of the valve you need modern seats and cone shaped springs.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The later valves with the connector tubes also used the modern seats and springs.
    SHR likes this.