Is This a Check Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Baumgrenze

Reaction score
I did a quick Google image search for 1/2" brass check valves and found nothing like this. It was part of an installation of a hot water recirculation system with a dedicated return. It was performed in 2010. I believe at least 2 plumbers working for different sub-contractors (general contractor's decision) worked in this area. I am trying carefully to sort out what I have installed and do not recognize this device. In the hard to reach 'back view' (iPhone selfie mode) I read 250 CWP, above that Si, and above that I see an arrow, suggesting a directional device like a check valve. On the more accessible side I read 1/2, and above that 2 interlocking rings, and above that the letter A.

I apologize for keeping this question separate, but it is easier for me (and perhaps others to come) to follow the thread of responses.

thanks
baumgrenze

bsZUiLT.png
7yugEQr.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks