Is this a bowl defect (New Toto Promenade 1.6 round)

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Holein8, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Holein8

Holein8 New Member

After three tries (and three separate wax rings) at seating the bowl and having it leak from under the front of the bowl on the floor, my plumber suggested we have a defective or cracked bowl or internal trap. So I placed the bowl in a position where I could observe where water flows out when dumping water into the bowl. Notice in the picture the two channels and the hole in the bottom near the front of the bowl. When I pour water into the bowl from the top, water flows out of the small hole. Obviously the hole is part of the manufacturing process, but why would water come out from it? I just purchased this new toilet from a reputable vendor, but I just figured this out today/Sunday and so haven't had a chance to speak to them about a possible defect, remedy, or replacement. Any guidance on repairing this or informing my vendor or Toto to get help would be much appreciated. Thanks and happy holidays!
    2013-12-15 12.24.13.jpg
  2. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

huge1.jpg It looks like they might have been having a trouble with the manufacturing process. Look in the area inside the eclipse.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The large oval on the left, is that broken porcelain?
  4. Holein8

Holein8 New Member

Wow! The benefit of a trained eye...I never even noticed that. Its like theres a small piece missing there and it does appear broken. There were no pieces or anyhing in the box that would have indicated trouble. I hope Toto or the vendor is supportive. Thanks so much for the quick and helpful responses.